Rumana Zahn ND
ND, BSc (Hons), DipCK, DipA, DipM, CEd, MAMH, MGNC
RUMANA’S DREAM IS FOR EVERYONE TO EXPERIENCE GOOD HEALTH AND HAVE ACCESS TO NATURAL MEDICINES THAT HELP HEAL THE BODY, INCLUDING THERAPEUTIC USE OF FOOD, NUTRITION AND PLANT MEDICINE.
Starting her career as a scientist, Rumana worked as a microbiologist in laboratories that specialised in food and water analysis. She then spent time working in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry but finally became concerned about the limitations of Western medicine and decided to focus on exactly what it is that makes us healthy and well.
Believing there are many tools to help us gain health Rumana applies scientific principles along with traditional medicines in her practice. Her comprehensive programmes include nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture and body work along with the application of kinesiology and much more.
“We do not know how everything works but what we can do is continue to explore and discover through principles such as cause and effect and observation which may ultimately give us the answers or results we are searching for.”
Her passion, commitment and love in helping others be well and to find health comes in many forms. Rumana teaches and lectures at universities and colleges as well as running clinics, retreats and health workshops for individuals, groups and businesses. She has worked with some of the top Spa’s around the world, as well as medical professionals; she established the first complementary medicine walk-in clinic of its kind at the Nutri Centre, Kingston Park Tesco in Newcastle. She continues to conduct research with the University of Newcastle on aspects of health and wellbeing.
Rumana lives in the North East of England where she dances argentine tango, engages in philosophy and practices yoga and meditation.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Chair to the Association of Master Herbalists (AMH)
- Board Member to Herbal Alliance UK
- Council Member to the Laurence Society of Holistic Medicine
- Member of the General Naturopathic Council (GNC)
- Former board member to European Herbal and Traditional Practitioners Association (EHTPA) Accreditation Board
- Member of the Institute of Plexus Bio-Energy
- Member of Predictive Homeopathy Group
WRITER AND LECTURER FOR:
- Lecturer to University of Newcastle 4th Year Medical Students on Complementary Medicine.
- Visiting Lecturer for College of Naturopathic Medicine in Nutrition.
- Health Columnist for NE Exclusive Magazine.
- Health Writer for nelife.com, the North East Regional Portal.
- Contributor to local and national media.
PUBLISHED PAPERS AND ARTICLES
- Use of Herbal Medicine – pilot survey of UK users views, Zahn, et al, Journal of Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2019.
- Natural Fertility, Positive Health Magazine, January 2006
- Clinical Responsibility – Complementary Medicine and the GP Practice – Today’s Therapist, Nov 2004.
- Working with the Medical Profession – ICM Journal, June 2003.
- Numerous publications within national magazines and newspapers on topics related to the use of Natural Medicine.