By Rumana Zahn
1 bunch of coriander
2 large bunches of mint
1 whole bulb of garlic chopped
1-5 fresh green chillies
2 large tomatoes chopped
1 tsp pomegranate powder
Salt (to taste)
1-2 tblsp plain yoghurt
- Wash and chop the coriander and mint.
- Place everything in the blender and blend until macerated to a paste. Add only as many chillies as required, depending on strength enjoyed. Add a little water if needed to get into a paste.
- Serve on its own or by add a tablespoon to some yoghurt.
- A great accompaniment as a dip, with popadoms or with curries.
- Make extra and divide into freezer bags or small containers for freezing. You can freeze some in an ice tray and take out a cube at a time when needed.
- Pomegranate powder is available from your local Asian food store.