By Rumana Zahn
1-2 tblsp coconut oil (or any other oil preferred)
2 large onions
3-5 chopped cloves garlic
1-3cm chopped or grated piece fresh root ginger
1 chopped fresh green/red chilli
1 litre water
Choose about 1-6 or so vegetables from these:
Rock or Himalayan Salt
Herbs – oregano, rosemary, etc to your taste
Seaweed (Nori, Kelp Wakame, etc) – use 1 sheet chopped (optional)
- Gently heat oil in a large deep pan adding in the base ingredients and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the water and bring up to the boil not actually boiling. Add in the chopped vegetables.
- Simmer for about 5 mins or until cooked.
- Add in the Seasoning.
- You can add more or less water as desired but make up to 2 days worth and eat daily.
- It can be frozen if necessary.
- Seaweed can be found in most supermarkets.
- Himalayan salt is available from local health food stores.