By Doves Farm
100 g/4oz Brown Sugar
100 g/4oz Sunflower Oil
1 Orange (Rind & Juice)
200 g/7oz Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
200 g/7oz Finely Grated Carrots
25 g/1oz Chopped Walnuts
125 g/4oz Butter
250 g/8oz Icing Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and orange rind. (Reserve the juice)
- Mix in flour, followed by the grated carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into an oiled and greaseproof lined 20cm/8” cake tin.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 45/50 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the topping mix together the butter, icing sugar, cinnamon and just enough orange juice to make a spreading consistency.
- Spread the topping over the top and sides when the cake is cold.