By Rumana Zahn
3 mugs of rice – soaked for 1-2hrs
1 onion chopped or sliced
2-3 tblsp Ghee or olive oil
6 mugs of water
1 tblsp whole jeera
1 tblsp whole black pepper
2 whole cloves
½ tsp of salt
Cupful of peas or chickpeas or sliced mushrooms
- Fry onions in the ghee or olive oil in a large pan until golden brown.
- Add in peas or chick peas or mushrooms.
- Add the 6 mugful of water and the spices and bring to the boil.
- Strain the soaked rice and add to the water. Sir well.
- Bring to boil again. When the water is nearly fully absorbed turn off heat and leave lid on to slow cook.
- When the rice is cooked serve warm.